It’s been a month since the coronavirus started to make a huge impact on Miami Beach, Miami-Dade County and across the world. We hope everyone is staying safe and in good health.
One of the hardest hit industries is the Miami restaurant and hospitality community industry. With hundreds of local restaurants closing their doors, it’s hard to say how this virus will impact these businesses once they are clear to open their doors again. The South Beach Seafood Festival has spent the past 7 years working with many of Miami’s best seafood restaurants and other businesses throughout South Florida to create a fun and memorable seafood festival.
Unfortunately, many are currently fighting to keep their doors open and provide their hard-working staff the paychecks they deserve. But we can all help!
If you are able, consider supporting as many local restaurants as you can. Here are some ways to do it:
- Order Take Out: Order delicious meals delivered right to your door or pick them up from your favorite restaurant with no-contact options.
- Buy Gift Cards: It’s the perfect gift to provide support and give someone (or yourself) a delicious meal in the future.
- Get Some Merch: Supporting restaurants is much more than buying food; you can also buy their merchandise and rock it during all your video chats!
- Ask How You Can Help: Some restaurants might need something specific to help them through this time. Give them a call or message to see how best you can support them.
- Write Positive Reviews: If you can’t spend money, try giving words of encouragement and support. Positive reviews are a great way to provide owners and employees the moral support they need. Plus, once they open again, your positive words can attract more customers.
- Like, Share, Post: Show the restaurant community you have their back with virtual support.
- Donate To Charity Organizations: There are many organizations that are working hard to provide local businesses with the support they need. Many restaurants and businesses are mentioning these organizations directly on their social pages. Here is a list of some amazing charities that are supporting your favorite restaurants:
Looking for some local Miami seafood restaurants and businesses who can use your help? Here is a list of some of our favorite places we have been honored to partner with at the South Beach Seafood Festival (we’ve also included some special discounts, you’re welcome!):
Joe’s Stone Crab
Hankering for some Joe’s Stone Crab? You’re in luck, ‘cause they are open and ready for curbside pick up or delivery straight to your door! Give them a call today at (305) 673-4611 or order online here.
Ella’s Oyster Bar
One of the top seafood restaurants in Miami, Ella’s Oyster Bar is open daily with a $10 curbside to go only menu. What could be better? How about a surprise oyster happy hour! Follow them on Facebook or give them a call at (786)332-4436 for daily menus and specials.
Red South Beach
Thanks to Chef Peter, you can be eating a delicious Italian feast for dinner tonight. That’s enough food for 4 people for only $99 — yes, please! Order online today at www.redsobe.com/order. Plus, if you use promo code RED10 you will receive 10% off your first online order. What’s even better? Red’s award winning wine list is now available online and priced 50% off!
Give your quarantine life a little Miami Spice tonight with a magnificent (and delicious) sushi feast from Pubbelly Sushi. With no delivery fees, no minimum order and 10% off using promo code “PUBBELLYLOVE” on their website, you can’t go wrong with a meal from Pubbelly. Plus, follow them on Facebook for special offers posted daily. Order today!
Need some groceries, but hesitant to go to a large grocery store? Try Milam’s Market! This locally owned family market always provides exceptional fresh and flavorful products as well as a large selection of conventional grocery items. They are committed to the safest shopping experience and most importantly, their shelves are stocked! Create a seafood fest of your own tonight at home with their fresh seafood selection.
We wish everyone good health and are looking forward to seeing you in October for the 8th Annual South Beach Seafood Festival. Until then, please be sure to stay safe, shop local as often as you can from the very best Miami seafood restaurants and remember, we’re all in this together.