Friday, October 19, 2018, 7:00 PM-11:00 PM
12th Street & Ocean Drive
Date: Friday, October 19, 2018
presented by Goya Foods, Herradura, and Celebrity Cruises
Time: 7:00PM – 11:00PM
Entrance: 12th & Ocean Drive (Lummus Park), Miami Beach, Florida
Inside Land Rover Hospitality Village & Goya Culinary Pavilion
Chef Showdown at South Beach Seafood Week assembles Miami’s top executive chefs for an evening of competitive cook-offs where YOU are the judge. In a perfect combination of competition level cuisine, tropically fresh cocktails, and live entertainment, the #ChefShowdown tours guests through the best of Miami’s culinary scene. Featuring 14 of Miami’s most progressive and recognized Executive Chefs, this is a CAN’T miss experience for all. We had you at fresh cocktails, right?
Selected by Food Network as Top Seafood Chef Competition in the country, the Chef Showdown, hosted inside the Land Rover VIP Hospitality Village and Goya Culinary Pavilion, pairs chefs head-to-head in a total of seven different seafood battles with the ultimate high energy night of competition (and party). Chefs from each battle will take the stage throughout the night in the showcase kitchen, where famous Miami media personalities and Celebrity Chefs will judge the best in each showdown.
The gist: ticket holders will visit each restaurant’s sampling station around the hospitality village and enjoy sample the competing Chef’s dishes. Then, guests get to vote on their favorite dishes! The chefs take the main stage throughout the night and battle it out in person with a group of executive judges on the main stage helping to weigh in. Points are accumulated from all the voting areas to ultimately decide the newest CHAMPIONS of the Chef Showdown at the South Beach Seafood Week!
2018 BATTLE SHOWDOWNS DEFENDING CHAMPIONS:
Battle Crab: Chef Andre Bienvenu of Joe’s Stone Crab
Chef Andre Bienvenu is a three-time Chef Showdown Campion and the Executive Chef at Joe’s Stone Crab, a 103-year-old restaurant located in Miami Beach, FL. Throughout his accomplished career, Chef Bienvenu has won numerous awards for his cooking including Joe’s being named as a Top Zagat winner.
(Don’t miss Chef Bienvenu at another scrumptious and luxurious SoBe Seafood Week event: An Evening at Joe’s.)
Battle Surf n’ Turf: Chef Sean Brasel of Meat Market Miami
At Meat Market Miami, Chef Sean Brasel was responsible for bringing the American steakhouse into the 21st century creating a menu that modernizes the classic steakhouse. His food is known for being eclectic, sumptuous, and affordable. He is also a three-time Champion in the Surf n’ Turf category!
(Obsessed with the perfect small bite? Chef Brasel also turns taste buds alive at our Cooking and Cocktails event.)
Battle Taco: Chef Bernie Matz of Bodega South Beach
Chef Bernie Matz is undefeated in Battle Taco! His dishes at Bodega South Beach are centered around flame-broiled meat and sizzling seafood topped with delicious and authentic ingredients in a Mexican “puebla” inspired setting. Credit over-the-top cooking skills and significant travels all over Mexico for the exhibition of culinary feats performed by Chef Matz.
(Crabs and short ribs in a taco? Better believe it! Chef Matz also shows off at another South Beach Seafood Week evening event: Crabs, Slabs and Cabs.)
Battle Tuna: Chef Jim Pastor of The Rusty Pelican Restaurant
Chef Jim Pastor is the Executive Chef at the iconic Rusty Pelican Restaurant in Miami. If you’re looking for an esteemed resume of culinary experience, this champion has worked with The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Conrad Miami, and W South Beach. Chef Pastor’s cuisine is inspired by the idea of comfort food with a twist, which makes his seafood some of the best in Miami. Tuna lovers, rejoice!
Battle Shrimp: Chef Nicolas Cabrera formerly of Lure Fishbar
Originally from Buenos Aires, 20-year veteran executive Chef Nicolas Cabrera was one of the culinary geniuses behind the incredible seafood at Lure Fishbar South Beach when he won this championship. His dishes married Miami spice with fresh fish shipped from Tokyo weekly. You can’t get more gourmand than that. Chef will be opening three new concepts throughout the country!
Battle Fish: Chef Demetrios Pyliotis of Poseidon Greek Restaurant & Outdoor Lounge
Known for crafting healthy Greek, Mediterranean, and seafood cuisine, Chef Demetrios Pyliotis of the Poseidon Greek Restaurant & Outdoor Lounge knows what tastes delicious. There’s no risk of fish dishes being less-than-perfection here; Chef Pyliotis is also the three-time Champion of Battle Fish at South Beach Seafood Festival!
Battle Sushi: Chef Masatomo Hamaya of Dragonfly Izakaya & Fish Market
Born in Japan, Chef Masatomo Hamaya knows sushi inside and out. He’s perfected his craft at many top restaurants around the United States including at the Dragonfly Izakaya & Fish Market where he takes pride in his premium ingredients and artful flavors. Chef Masatomo may be presenting some of the best sushi your foodie taste buds have ever tried, so get ready for it.
Challengers to be announced soon.
And guess what…the fun doesn’t stop there. This year’s event will include the most delicious LIVE CAKE DECORATING by Slice Of Art bake shop as they build in front of you, The Official Bucket o’ Crustaceous.
Additionally, the 3rd Annual Herradura Showdown with 2017 champion, Nikos Mantzaridis from Plomo Taco Bar, will be back. Featuring the top bartenders in South Florida, only one can take home the title after battling it out in Casa Herradura.
The VIP #ChefShowdown delivers a unique culinary and entertainment experience in the most beautiful high energy atmosphere on the sands of South Beach Miami.
The event is from 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM (on the sand) and the entrance is on 12th and Ocean Drive in Lummus Park, Miami Beach.
Chef Showdown at South Beach Seafood Week Ticket Details:
- Portions of the competition dishes will be available at each of the 14 restaurant battle stations for you to enjoy. Choose your champs by casting a vote for your favorite dish at each station.
- Full bars are included all night long with a variety of cocktails, beer, wine, and soft drinks and placed around the village and pavilion.
- Additional complimentary tastings from Goya and Celebrity Cruises.
- Access to the full SEAFOOD WORLD RAW BAR open all night for your enjoyment.
- A one-of-a-kind, sensory garden inspired by Napa, CA, where they will be transplanting their Sonoma garden tour onto the sands. You will literally be walked through a private experience, sampling potted fruits and tasting the wines that are made from these fresh fruits.
- Samplings from the Herradura Bartender Competition and access to the Casa Herradura Experience.
- Access to Celebrity Cruises private entertainment and Silent Disco throughout the evening.
- Access to the showcase kitchen stage to experience all Showdown Competitions.
- Access to party the night away with the Showdown featured DJ in the Goya Culinary Pavilion.
Chef Showdown Weekend Pass Details:
SOBE SEAFOOD WEEKEND PASS $250
(value of $300) includes:
- ONE ticket to Friday, October 19, 2018: Chef Showdown ($150 value)
- ONE VIP Tickets for Saturday, October 20, 2018: SoBe Seafood Fest ($150 value)
WEEKEND PASS FOR TWO with a 2-NIGHT HOTEL STAY – $800
(value of $1,100) includes:
- TWO tickets to Friday, October 19, 2018: Chef Showdown ($300 value)
- TWO VIP Tickets for Saturday, October 20, 2018: SoBe Seafood Fest ($300 value)
- ONE Signature Standard Room at either Mondrian South Beach or Shelborne South Beach (your choice), checking in Friday, October 19 – checking out Sunday, October 21.